Lake Retreat Ministry
Grayson Baptist Association
Retreat Property on Lake Texoma
29023 Preston Bend Rd.
Pottsboro, Tx 75076
To provide a private recreation area where Christian principles are honored for Grayson Baptist Association churches, other churches an/or non-profit groups.
Important: We operate the Grayson Baptist Recreation Area on a cost basis. All fees reflect only our cost. There is no profit in our fee structure.
- 4 Bedrooms (2 on each side) - sleeps a total of 28
- 3 bedrooms have 4 bunkbeds
- 1 has 4 twin beds
- Kitchen and meeting room in the middle. Kitchen is equipped with appliances, but no untensils.
- GBA church members - Overnight use - $8.50 per person, minimum $170
- Other groups - Overnight use - $13.00 per person, minimum $260
- Day use only - $4.75 per person, minimum $57
- 50% non-refundable deposit, due within 2 weeks of making reservation.
- $100 cleaning deposit, fully refundable if building are left clean.
Cabins, "Faith & Hope"
Purpose: These cabins were primarily for Ministers and they will be given priority in scheduling. This includes and Southern Baptist Minister, active or retired. Grayson Baptist also provides these cabin for GBA church members as much as possible.
- Crisis rate - no charge
- Other ministerial rate - $16.00 per night.
Non- Ministerial Rates:
- $36.00 per night
- 50% non-refundable deposit due within 2 weeks of making reservations.
- $36 cleaning deposit, fully refundable if cabins are left clean.
- 2 twin beds, futon couch, refrigerator, microwave, electric skillet, silverware, coffe maker, table/chairs, and an easy chair.
What you need to bring:
- Twin Sheets , pillow cases, towes, paper towels,cleaning supplies, and trash bags.
Check-in and Check-out times
- All users may check in at noon and check out at noon.
- Call the GBA office at 903-868-9361, Monday - Thursday 8:30 am to 4:30 pm.
- GBA church members - $31 per day for the first 50 people and $2 for each additional person
- Non GBA groups - $31 per day + $3 per person
- Including all non-campers - $3 per person, per day. Children under 5 are free.
- Tent camping - $8 per tent per night. Will be assigned a table. No hook-ups.
- Trailer hook-ups #1 #2 #11 & #13 (50 amp service) Limit 1 RV & 1 tent OR 2 tents and no RV. $17 per day
- Trailer hook-ups #3 #4 #5 #6 #7 #8 #9 #10 & #12 - Limit 1 RV & i tent OR 2 tents and no RV. $15 per day.
- Facilities MUST be scheduled through the GBA office. GBA member churches may start making reservations on Jan 1st for the comning year. Non-GBA member groups may make reservations 2 months ahead begininng Jan 1st. All reservations require a 50% non-refundable deposit for confirmation. Deposits are due within 2 weeks of making reservations.
- Check-in/check-out times for all facilities is 12 noon, unless pre-approved by the GBA office.
- Quiet times are 10 pm - 7 am. KEEP GATE LOCKED AT ALL TIMES.
- NO OFF-ROAD VEHICLES ALLOWED.
- Swim at your own risk. No lifeguards on duty.
- No alcoholic beverages allowed on premises. No smoking in buildings or pavillion.
- Speed limit is 5 MPH inside the retreat area and campgrounds.
- No cutting of trees (dead or alive).
- Fire allowed ONLY in provided fire rings. DO NOT MOVE FIRE RINGS.
- No firearams or fireworks allowed.
- Water vehicles may beach ONLY to the north and south of the swimming area.
- Pets MUST be on a leash.
- $10 fee for lost keys.
When leaving, please insure:
- All faucets are off
- Trash in placed in dumpster
- Building is locked
- Gate is locked
- Lights are turned off.
- Air-conditioning/heaters are turned off.
Report any problems related to the Retreat Facilities to the GBA offce at 903-868-9361
(or after office hours or on weekends)
Properties team member - Bill Kelly - 903-267-1221
Properties team member - Johnnie Smith - 903-327-2855
Properties chairman - Delbert Vest - 903-821-6479
- 911 address - 29023 Preston Bend Rd. Pottsboro, Tx 75076
- Fire & EMS - 903-786-9595
- Sherriff Dept. - 903813-4408
Nearest public telephone is at the Preston Fishing Camp. Go south approximately 1/2 mile from our entrance and turn left at the Preston Resort Area sign.
Grayson Baptist Association
2515 Loy Lake Rd.
Sherman, Tx 75090
P.O. Box 1806
Sherman, Tx 75091-1806
Phone (903) 868-9361
Fax (903) 893-3630
Monday - Thursday
8:30 a.m. - 4:30 p.m.